Monday, January 22, 2007

Personal Background

As an Introduction to everyone in the Standards and Standardization Class, my name is Kevin Bell, and I am a Third Year Law Student at the University of Colorado School of Law.

I am originally from Colorado Springs, Colorado, and I arrived in Boulder by way of San Antonio, Texas (Trinity University for my undergrad studies). My family primarily hails form South Dakota, but I married a Texan. We welcomed our first child, a daughter, this past year.

My undergrad degree was in History/Political Science, with a minor in Economics.

I have previously worked for the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Colorado, Thomson West (the provider of Westlaw services) and currently work for Catalyst Repository Systems and the intellectual property firm Townsend and Townsend and Crew.

My interest in Telecommunications stems from my desire to work in the high technology intellectual property field, particularly trademark and copyright issues. The world of standards, especially the development of proprietary systems protected by patents, trademarks and copyrights, overlaps my chosen field of study.

1 comment:

sunglee said...

Diligent Man!

I liked your blog because it looked concise.